Good-bye to Winter
Edmonton Russian Club invites you to attend a fundrasing event - Russian Winter Festival. Proceeds from the event will go toward the organization of the Russian pavillion at the Heritage Festival 2007. (See Poster)
- Location: Emily Murphy Park
- Time: 1 pm
- Recommended clothing: warm. Hats, jackets, winter boots, gloves, ski pants. Please, watch the weather.
- What to bring: toboggan, cash or cheques for donations for the Russian Pavillion. Wearing a helmet during toboganning is mandatory for children.
Prizes! Prizes! Prizes!
||Food is available from 1 pm. Don't be late or there won't be blynis left for you!
First come - first served!
- blyni (crepes) with red caviar
- blyni with black caviar
- blyni with kabachkovy caviar
- blyni with jam
- blyni with sour cream
- Pelmeny with sour cream and black pepper (meat pyrogies)
- Monasterian kvas (cold drink)
- Hot drinks
- Games and contests
- Snowball fights
- Toboggan races
Festival will end with the ceremonial Parade and burning of the Maslenitsa..
If you have any questions in regards to the event, please call at 240-5886 and leave a detailed message.
Click HERE, to see festival photos taken at Maslenitsa in 2006.